Saturday, June 14, 2008

It's Lonely Out Tonight

Well...

Why does it always seem like it would be a good idea to send Derrick and Caroline away on the same weekend? I thought I was needing a little "Mommy Time." Derrick is bachelor partying this weekend and I REALLY needed to have a garage sale so that we could maybe see the floor of the garage sometime in the foreseeable future. Somehow a hot and sticky day + garage sale + toddler did not sound like a whole lot of fun. So I packed Caroline up and sent her to the farm for the weekend.

I cried. What is wrong with me...sweet freedom for 48 hours and I cry? I have called my mom and dad three times to check on her today. I have been assured every time that she is fine (except for a skinned knee, her first) and having a wonderful time. I MISS MY SIDE KICK!

So in order to burn some of this restless energy, yesterday I painted a bathroom cabinet and bought new baskets. Today I have set up and taken down a garage sale, worked on the cabinet, made myself dinner, finished a book, taken a nap and started sugar cookies to take for Father's Day tomorrow. I am still to wound up to go to sleep. CRAZY!!!

Tomorrow I plan to go to church, finish the cabinet, bake and ice the sugar cookies all before 1:00. If I don't collapse from exhaustion, I should be able to kiss that little girl silly in about 13 hours. WooHoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could have a career as a writer, your way with words is fantastic.
Patsy

P.S. Jerry wishes we were close enough so you could ship her to us for the weekend.