Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Few Notes

I haven't updated much lately and wanted to write about a few of the funny things that Caroline is doing now.  

This time last year I was very concerned that she wasn't talking enough...oh what a difference a year makes.  Now she wakes up talking and she goes to bed screaming most nights.  Most mornings I wake up to a very loud, "Mommy, R you?" If I don't answer quickly enough, or show up instantaneously at her door, she gets louder and louder.  Then I climb in bed with her, and if I can catch her before she climbs out, we "wuggle."

A couple of weeks ago she started the funniest thing.  She would ask, "Mommy, wha dat?" and when I answered her she would say, "Oh, ...".  So, we were driving to the farm and she saw the corn in the fields.  She said, "Mommy, wha dat?" I answered that it was corn and she said, "Oh, corn."  So funny!

Her favorite TV show right now is Max and Ruby and as far as movies go, Tinkerbell has been replaced by "Cindelala" or "Cindalelly".  She loves to play dress up and we have a TON of dresses and tutus and stuff like that.  She runs around and asks, "Where my dress?" then she comes back with one of her zillion dresses. She usually has to try on 4 or 5 to see which one she wants.  Then she wants her "birthday tiwawa" (tiara) like Ruby.  She has told me several times that for her wedding she wants to paint her "toemails" and have "Air-wings." (earrings)

She has also gotten very dramatic!  I am not really sure where she has learned about being scared, but she has it down perfectly....especially at bed time or when she is in trouble.  She looks at me when I am tucking her in or getting on to her.  Her lip sticks out and her eyes get big and she says, "I skeered." Then she quickly hides her face in my legs. Hilarious!!!

So things around here are pretty entertaining right now.  I will say that when we hit two I thought other people were crazy.  It was a piece of cake....Well, two and a half, not so much.  So, Caroline is learning all about being a little girl and mommy is trying to find the fine line between good discipline and screaming, I mean stifiling her very big personality....

1 comment:

Cindy and crew said...

I agree - I've always thought 2 1/2-3 was much more difficult than 2! Hang in there and enjoy each moment! She's adorable! Can't believe it's been a year since we saw ya'll at the wedding. Hopefully, we can all get together again soon.