Sunday, November 22, 2009

Happy Birthday

Hi Angel,

Happy Birthday. I can not believe you are 3 years old. It seems like only yesterday that Daddy and I were pulling our hair out trying to figure out what to do with you. Now you are all too happy to tell us exactly what you want.

We have had a really good day. Daddy brought us donuts this morning. We put 3 candles in your chocolate sprinkle donut and brought it to you in your room. Silly girl, you hid behind your curtains. You are developing quite a little personality, but you are shy when you are the center of attention. I know where that came from, and believe me I am praying that you outgrow that.

However, you are never afraid to show off when it is on your terms! This morning while we were getting ready for church you ran into our bedroom, looked at Daddy and I, said, "Look at my bum," and ran through the house naked as a jaybird....You are a fiesty one!

You did look beautiful at church this morning. You wore your black velvet jumper and your black patent shoes. You wanted to wear your "curls" (pearls) but we need to have them restrung. You looked every bit of 3 when you told me that you did not want to sit in church with Daddy and I, you wanted to play with your "fwiends." You are so independent and I am so proud of you.

After your nap today we met Trinity, Will, Christian and Kendall at the park so that you could roller skate with your new princess skates and eat birthday cake. You had a ball. You were so excited when I cut into your cake and it was a rainbow! You saw the layers last night before I iced it and you told me that you wanted "green cake." You ate the green layer and left the rest for me. You are so sure of yourself and what you want!

When we got home we sat on the couch to watch Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving. I made a big bowl of popcorn and sat down between you and Daddy. You got one bite of popcorn then reached over and put the whole big bowl over on the other side of you so that Daddy and I couldn't reach it. You are such a Turkey!

Tonight I layed in bed with you for a while. You have become quite the master at prolonging bedtime! Tonight after I left you called your daddy back in and asked him if I could come in to lay with you. When he said no, you asked if I would lay on the floor. When he said no, you asked if I would come hold you....you see where this is going. I finally did come in and lay down with you. You STILL were not asleep when I got up to leave and you climed up in my arms monkey style and asked if you could "love on [me] just a minute." Of course you could.

Caroline, I love you so much and I am so proud of you. I pray daily that God will give me the wisdom to guide you in the right direction with out diminishing your fiestiness. You are so special!

I love you to the moon and back my angel! Happy Birthday!
Mommy

No comments: