Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eight Months and a Week

Dear Caroline,
I can not believe that you are eight months old. What an eight months it has been. It seems that overnight you have gone from an infant who was really cute, but couldn't respond to a wonderfully interactive and precious baby. I love you so much.

I knew the minute I found out that you were coming that my life would never be the same again. I was so right, and this is so much better. Every morning when I bring you into the "big bed" I thank God for my miracle (okay, so somedays I groan as I thank God). You are absolutely so much more than I could have asked for or imagined.

When we first brought you home, I would look at you with tears streaming from my eyes and wonder out loud that you would never be as small as you were that day. Probably a little bit post partum...no? I was so sure that the newborn phase would be the best. Yet, everyday has been better than the last!

Now I look at you with those big eyes and that toothless grin and I marvel at the beauty that you are and what you have added to my life. I no longer look at you and feel sadness for what we will be leaving behind. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but even as I cherish today, I look forward to all of the firsts that we will share.

What a blessing you are in my life!

I love you,
Mommy

No comments: