Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fashionista

I hope Caroline learns to love the Fall as much as I do. Long about this time each year I start pining for the first brisk morning. I love to go to the stores and see all of the harvest themed decorations and the rich warm colors. It makes me want to bake and drink coffee and curl up with a book while I burn my favorite Brandied Apple Jack candle. I live in the wrong place for this love affair I have for all things fallish. In Texas we seem to go from hot, sultry summer to icy, arctic blasts with very little in between. Yet, every year I have a conversation with my mom about putting my fall wreath up in mid August. I almost always wait until September 1.

Being a mom has added a whole new dimension to my love of Fall. Caroline and I took a few laps around the mall the other morning. Truly I meant to run into a few stores and walk around "window shopping" the rest of the time. By the time we left I had already spent WAY more than my new stay at home mom salary should allow. I could not stop myself. The baby clothes beckoned and ya'll do you know how cute fall baby clothes are? Pink camo and leopard print tights...need I say more?

I have now obsessively searched ebay for all of the cutest fall dresses. My watch list is a MILE LONG. I really don't think I can stop and I think there may be a need for an intervention. I just want someone to promise me that when they lock me away someone will still look after Caroline's fashion needs! gg, what do you say...promise?

No comments: